- FIND THE VEHICLE / HOW TO BUY
- VEHICLE INFORMATION
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- COUNTRY REGULATION
- CANCELLATION POLICY
- COMPLAINT POLICY
- TRADE TERMS
FIND THE VEHICLE / HOW TO BUY
- How do I search the trucks/machinery?
- You can simply browse all of our stock by clicking "FIND VEHICLE" button on top. Also on the top page, we show a variety of options divided from different categories. Click any category by your interest! If you are looking for any specific make, body type etc., you can specify from the search box "FIND TRUCKS/MACHINERY" too.
- I would like to ask the condition/best price/etc. What should I do?
- If you would like to get further information about a specific vehicle, please click the “INQUIRY NOW” button on the stock list or the vehicle detail page and submit the inquiry form. We will reply you within a couple of business days by email.
- Can I pick up vehicles from your Yard or Port in Japan?
- Yes, you can. Please advise us where you want to pick up and we will provide you with a quotation.
- Is pre-shipment inspection required?
- It depends on the country where you are importing the vehicle. Please follow the country’s government authority in order to meet their requirement. They can charge you fine or even refuse the import if you miss their requirements.
- How can I place an order?
- Please send us an inquiry first by clicking “INQUIRY NOW” button at the page of vehicle. Also please refer to “HOW TO BUY” page.
- Can we negotiate the best price?
- You may negotiate the price. Please send us an inquiry first.
- Can the truck be exported to any country?
- We may not export some countries due to trade regulations or other concerns. Please inquire if we can export to your country.
- What is “I Like This” button?
- By clicking this button, you can store your favorite vehicles to “LIKED VEHICLES” page. You can find your favorite ones whenever you want by checking “LIKED VEHICLES” page.
- What is “LIKED VEHICLES” tub on the top?
- You can find your favorite vehicles which you have selected as “I like this” throughout your previous search.
*please note that you may not find your favorite vehicles when you access the website by a different device from last time.
- What is “OUTLET (CKD ONLY)”?
- You can search only for CKD style vehicles. Please be noted that CKD vehicles shall not be exported only by one unit. It has to be exported by container or other way. Please ask us if you would like to buy CKD vehicles.
- What are “IN STOCK/RESERVED/SOLD OUT” on the vehicle list?
- This is the condition of each vehicles. “IN STOCK” means we have a stock of the vehicle and you are entitle of buying it. “RESERVED” means someone already confirms to buy and proceed to make a payment. “SOLD OUT” means someone already purchased a vehicle and we don’t have the stock anymore.
- Should I apply insurance if the trade term is FOB or C&F?
- We recommend to arrange insurance when you choose FOB or C&F terms. If the vessel has an accident and your vehicle is damaged, we shall never have responsibility for additional costs and risks.
- I would like to know the steps of buying.
- Please refer to “HOW TO BUY” page. If you have more inquiries, please contact us.
- How can I know the vehicle price when it says“ASK”?
- Please send us an inquiry by clicking “INQUIRY NOW” button. We will reply within a couple of business days with a quotation.
- Does the price include ocean freight and any costs?
- The price shown on the website is not included the ocean freight and any other costs. If you would like to know inclusive price, please send us an inquiry.
- How do I figure out the all-inclusive price?
- Please send us an inquiry by submitting the inquiry form from the stock list or the vehicle detail page. We will then calculate all-inclusive price* and provide you with a quotation by email within a couple of business days.
* All the cost after arriving your designated port, such as registration fee and domestic transportation fee are not included in our calculation.
- What currency do you accept?
- We only accept U.S. dollars. Please also note that all the price on our website is stated in U.S. dollars.
- What kind of payment methods do you accept?
- Currently we accept payments via Telegraphic Transfer Remittance (T.T).
- Can you provide me with a receipt of my payment?
- No, we do not provide receipts. The bank remittance provides an official written record of the payment transaction for both the buyer and seller.
- How long does it take for my bank remittance to be transferred to your bank account?
- It takes approximately three (3) business days in average for your bank remittance to be reflected in our bank account. As long as you notify us the payment transaction with a T.T.COPY, we will wait until the payment is confirmed by our Bank, even if the bank transfer takes longer.
- What is a T.T. Copy? Where can I get it?
- T.T. Copy is the record of your bank remittance issued by your bank after you submit your payment for transfer. Please make sure to declare your invoice no. on the T.T. slip to avoid any delay on shipping.
- Who is responsible for paying the bank transfer fee?
- The buyer is responsible for all bank fees. Please confirm the cost of this fee with your bank before closing the purchase agreement with us.
- What is the IBAN Code for your bank account?
- There is no IBAN Code for Japanese banks. Please instruct your bank to use the Swift Code.
- Does the FOB price on your website include additional cost like freight charge, storage charge fees, tax and duties etc.?
- No, all those costs are not included in the FOB price. FOB price only includes the vehicle price and costs until the vehicle will be loaded on the vessel to your designated port.
- How much is ocean freight to my port of discharge?
- Please send us an inquiry by submitting the inquiry form from the stock list or the vehicle detail page. The ocean freight differs under certain conditions, so we will calculate the exact freight after we get an inquiry from you.
- What should I be careful of making a payment?
- Please do bank transfer within the due. When you transfer, please state your invoice number on the T.T. slip to avoid any delay in shipping. Also please note that you will be responsible to pay the bank transfer fee.
- How long is the due date of payment?
- You shall pay the amount within 48 hours. Don’t forget to send us T.T. copy after you complete to make a remittance.
- What will happen if I fail to make a payment by due date?
- The condition of vehicle turns to “IN STOCK”, and other users can confirm to buy.
- Where can I find your bank information for payment?
- Please find our bank information on your proforma invoice. We never let you know bank details through other documents.
- Can I get reimbursement when cancelling?
- We shall never accept to cancel after payments.
- When (which steps) should I make a payment?
- Please make a payment as soon as you receive a proforma invoice from us.
- Should I pay shipping charge (freight/Japanese domestic transportation fee/tax/etc.)?
- If you choose C&F or CIF, freight and Japanese domestic transportation fee are already included in the price, however, you may pay import tax or other handling charge upon arrival at your designated port.
- I receive a proforma invoice again. And it is asking me to transfer the money to another bank account which is different from the account you state first. What should I do?
- We use only one bank account at this time. We shall let you know the bank account detail on proforma invoice, and never change it soon. Please disregard the second proforma invoice, and let us know that matter because it can be a fraud.
- What document am I supposed to receive from you regarding my shipment?
After the vessel departure, we will send you following documents by DHL or other courier.
- Original B/L
- Vehicle Export Certificate
- Commercial Invoice
- Inspection Certificate*
*Insurance/Inspection Certificate will be included only if you apply for insurance/inspection.
- Why must I provide the full name and address of the consignee?
- We are asking you for both information to submit them to the shipping companies. If the information is incorrect, you may not be able to receive your vehicle, therefore please make sure to give us the correct information.
- What is the notify party?
- This is the person that the shipping agent contacts to notify the confirmed arrival date of your vessel to the port.
- Why must I provide the full name and address for the courier Delivery address?
- We mail your documents including B/L to your designated address. Please provide the full name of the recipient, full address (without any abbreviations), and phone number(s).
- Can I verify that all information is correct on B/L before you send it?
- We will send you a B/L copy to verify all the information you submit on shipping instruction are exactly reflected on the B/L. We will not accept any change of the information on the B/L unless it differs from what you declared on shipping instruction.
- Can I ask you to change vehicle information on the B/L or any other documents?
- No, we cannot change any information on any documents. It will be illegal to change any content of those documents.
- My country’s customs office is asking for a packing list. Can you provide it?
- We can only provide packing list if the vehicle is shipped as CKD. We cannot issue packing list for any CBU vehicle as all the required information are on the commercial invoice.
- Can I track the documents that you will send me?
- Yes, you can. We will inform you the tracking number as soon as we dispatch the documents by a courier. You can check location of the documents from the website of the courier.
- My tracking log is not showing that my documents are being shipped. Is there something wrong?
- Please try again after 24 hours. It can take extra hours to reflect the updated status.
- Can I amend B/L copy or Original B/L?
- We shall never amend the B/L. Please make sure to confirm if shipping instruction is completely correct.
- Do you list the manufactured year of your vehicles?
- Yes, the manufactured year is available. However, we cannot guarantee this information, because it is provided by a third party. YAMADA SHARYO CO., LTD. shall not be responsible for any losses, damages and/or troubles caused by this information.
- Does the vehicle come with an English manual?
- No, an English manual or any manual in any other language will not be provided.
- Are spare keys provided?
- It depends on the vehicle. If it has a spare key, it will be attached to the main key.
- How many vehicles do you have in inventory and how often are they updated?
- We have hundreds of vehicles in our inventory and they are updated every day.
- Can I ask you to change the vehicle’s odometer reading (mileage)?
- No, we cannot change. It is illegal to change vehicle’s odometer reading.
- Can you show me the condition of the vehicle?
- All the remarkable conditions are mentioned and shown in the vehicle detail page. Please let us know if you need any specific information in addition.
- Can you ship auto parts inside the vehicle buying?
- No, we are not allowed to put anything inside the vehicle unless it will be shipped by container.
- Can I arrange a visit to see your vehicles in person?
- Sure you can. However, please note that we cannot hold the vehicle for you till your visit. It may become sold out to other customer before your visit. Please also make a reservation before your visit. We may not be able to accommodate you if you visit us without any reservation.
- Are all of the vehicles on website USED?
- Yes, we only sell used vehicles.
- Can you repair a vehicle if there is something wrong?
- We basically sell vehicles under “AS IS” condition. If you need to repair, please send us an inquiry.
- How long will it take for the shipping vessel to reach my port?
- It depends on the port of discharge. Please refer to the examples below to get some idea. However, this is just the example and it may take extra days or weeks.
Africa: approximately 3–5 weeks from Japanese port to your port
Caribbean: approximately 3–5 weeks from Japanese port to your port
South East Asia Region: approximately 1 week from Japanese port to your port
South America: approximately 4 weeks from Japanese port to your port
- How can I see my vehicle’s shipping schedule?
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide this information.
- Can I see if my vehicle passed its inspection?
- We will send you PDF of the inspection certificate once it has been received from the inspection agency. The original certificate will be couriered to you after the vessel departure.
- What information do you need from me to start arranging to book a shipping vessel for my vehicle?
The information below is required to book a shipping vessel for your vehicle. Please read the following carefully and provide us with all requested information. Most information is required by the contracted shipping companies; not YAMADA SHARYO CO., LTD.
Port of Discharge: A Port where your vehicle is off-loaded from the vessel. It may be nearest port of your place.
Vehicle Destination: Where the vehicle will actually be used. Please provide the name of the country where the vehicle will be registered for use.
Consignee: The person who receives a vehicle at designated port. It may be you, import agency or others. In some countries, consignee must have the import license.
Notify Party: The party to whom a notice of arrival be sent by shipping line upon arrival at your designated port.
Also, when providing us with your booking information, it is important to understand the following:
- Your booking will be delayed by the shipping company if the consignee’s full name and address are not provided. Complete information must be provided.
- The consignee’s name cannot have any spelling mistakes. Even small errors can be subject to a B/L amendment, which may cost you additional fees and time.
- Where can I get the actual arrival date of the shipping vessel?
- The Shipping line will contact the Notify Party to inform arrival date or you may contact the shipping agent from your end about a week prior to the shipping vessel’s ETA.
- Is it possible to clear customs using PDFs of the B/L?
- You will be required to turn in original B/L or printed surrendered B/L to complete the customs clearance.
- Can you send me two sets of the B/L?
- No we cannot send two sets of B/L as shipping company only provide us 1 set of B/L.
- What are the rules/regulations for importing a vehicle?
- It depends on the country you are importing. Please ask your government authority to obtain details before you place an order for purchase.
- What are your office hours?
- We are open Monday through Friday, 9:00a.m.–5:00 p.m. (Japan time) except our national holiday and other long holidays such as new year’s holiday.
We will notify you in the “Notice” on the top page if we close more than two straight days except Saturday and Sunday.
- Do I use this website for free? Any additional fee for use?
- It is completely free to access and browse the website. (Other than Internet utility charges) No any additional fee will be charged by us.
- Do you take inquiries only in English? Or other Language?
- Currently we take inquiries in English and Japanese.
It is buyer's responsibility to check the latest import regulations before purchase. Please contact the local authorities and make sure you purchase the right vehicle.
- First Registration Year / Month
- Manufactured Year / Month
- Engine Capacity
- Steering (Right or Left)
- I want to cancel a transaction. What should I do?
- The vehicle I bought is different from the description stated on the website. How can I make a complaint? Or can I get a refund?
- We basically never accept your complaint of our product/service and refund. Please inquire us if you have any concern about the vehicle condition.
- B/L (Bill of Lading/Loading)
- A document issued by a shipping line to acknowledge receipt of vehicle for shipment. You need Original B/L when you receive your vehicle. (B/L copy is not accepted.) We will send you Original B/L via DHL or other carrier.
- C&F (Cost and Freight)
- One of Incoterms that we cover cost and freight until your vehicle arrives at your designated port. Also we cover risks until your vehicle is loaded on the vessel. When you would like to choose this term, we recommend to arrange insurance by yourself.
- CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight)
- One of Incoterms that we cover cost, insurance and freight until your vehicle arrives at your designated port. Also we cover risks until your vehicle is loaded on the vessel.
- CKD (Completely Knocked Down style)
- We dismantle the parts from the vehicle and ship out all parts by a container or other way. If you would like to see CKD vehicles, just tick “OUTLET” and click search button. Please note that you need to rebuild the vehicle by yourself, and we shall never have responsibility of rebuilding CKD vehicles.
- The person who receives a vehicle at designated port. It may be you, import agency or others.In some countries, consignee must have the import license.
- Commercial Invoice
- A document required by customs to determine the true value of the imported goods for assessment of duties and taxes.
- DHL Delivery Address
- The address only for delivering the documents (e.g. B/L) to clear customs at your designated port.
- One of the pre-shipment inspections. Basically the government of Uganda and Tanzania may accept this pre-shipment inspection, however, please look up the information of inspection at your own risk before placing an order.
- ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival)
- Date and time which show when the vessel is expected to arrive at a designated port.
- ETD (Estimated Time of Departure)
- Date and time which show the vessel is expected to departure at a designated port.
- Export Certificate
- A document that confirms the vehicle in this certificate is legally exported from the country of origin. You may be required this certificate from the Customs or import agency. In case of that, please let us know.
- FOB (Free on Board)
- One of the Incoterms that we cover cost and risk until your vehicle is loaded on the vessel. When you would like to choose this term, we recommend to arrange an insurance by yourself.
- International Commerce Terms. It signifies common trade terms which state the coverage of costs and risks of you or us on international regulation.
- Inspection Certificate
- It certifies that the vehicle is passed a pre-shipment inspection you need to import. We get this certificate from the inspection organization, and forward it to you via DHL or other courier.
- The document for insure the accidents of vehicle while shipping. We recommend insure if you would like to choose Incoterms FOB or C&F.
- One of the pre-shipment inspections. Basically the government of Mozambique may accept this pre-shipment inspection, however, please look up the information of pre-shipment inspection at your own risk before placing an order.
- Import Agency
- A company who imports your vehicle instead of you. Please consult us if you don’t know any import agency in your country before placing an order.
- Import License
- Usually you need an import license to import your vehicle. Please look up the required license, documents or any other condition at your own risk. If you don’t have the license, please consult with your import agency.
- Import Regulation
- Most of country has import regulation of used trucks/machineries. Please look up the regulations and ask your import agency or other organization at your own risk. We shall never be responsible if you cannot import your vehicle due to import regulations or other reasons.
- One of the pre-shipment inspections. Basically the government of Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, and Bangladesh may accept this pre-shipment inspection, however, please look up the information of pre-shipment inspection at your own risk before placing an order.
- One of the pre-shipment inspections. Basically the government of Zambia and Uganda may accept this pre-shipment inspection, however, please look up the information of pre-shipment inspection at your own risk before placing an order.
- Notify Party
- The party to whom a notice of arrival be sent by shipping line upon arrival at your designated port.
- Packing List
- The document which includes the vehicle description like weight, quantity, etc.
- Port of Departure
- A departure point of vessel.
- Port of Discharge
- A Port where your vehicle is off-loaded from the vessel. It may be nearest port of your place.
- Pre-shipment Inspection
- You may be required this inspection by your government when importing your vehicle. There are JAVIC, JAAI, EAA, INTERTEK or other organization conducting pre-shipment inspection. Please look up which inspection is required in your country. We shall never be responsible if you cannot import your vehicle or pay extra cost due to pre-shipment inspection.
- Proforma Invoice
- The final estimate document which includes the price, the condition, etc. agreed between you and us. Also it serves for billing statement for your making payment.
- Sales Agreement
- It states our sales rules when you buy a vehicle. Please read carefully this agreement and make sure to understand all the conditions.
- A party who ships out your vehicle. Therefore Shipper is Yamada Sharyo Co., Ltd.
- Shipping Document
- The documents you need when you import. It may be B/L, certificate of inspection, or other documents. Please let us know what documents you are required by the government or import agency. We send those original documents to you via DHL or other courier.
- Shipping Instruction
- The document which instructs how you would like to state description on B/L. It includes information like consignee, notify party, description of goods, etc. Please make sure to enter your accurate information on this document carefully.
- Swift Code (BIC Code)
- The code assigned to each banks for identifying bank when money is transmitted abroad. You need our code when you make a payment.
- T.T. Copy/Receipt
- A copy of receipt issued by Bank when you make a payment thorough T.T(telegraphic transfer). It includes bank name, name of remitter, transferring amount, receiving account, etc. Please note that you are required to state invoice no. on the receipt and also send us T.T. copy for proof of your payment.
- The transfer of a shipment from one vessel to another while in transit to its final destination.